Learning a new language is a good first step to become familiar with the concept of globalization and see it as an ally. Globalization is our reality, it is here to stay and whether we like it or not, you adapt or you disappear. It is important to choose a useful language in the long term that will help you connect with more people globally.
Learn a new language: Why yes?
According to the British Council’s report Languages for the Future, “Spanish is the most necessary foreign language in all areas”.
Nelson Mandela, former president of South Africa and Nobel Peace Prize winner in 1993 said: “If you speak to a person in a language that he understands, the words will go to his head. If you speak to him in his own language they will go to his heart.
Today we are going to examine the reasons for learning a language like Spanish:
- Economic reasons and migration.
- Latinos actively contribute to the economy of the countries.
- Emotions and Feelings that Latinos bring out of you when speaking Spanish.
- Opportunities to learn a new language like Spanish.
1. Economic reasons and migration.
Due to the Spanish colonization almost all of South America speaks Spanish as their mother tongue and due to the low economic development of the continent and migration, many Latinos find themselves living outside their territory and therefore sharing their language, with all that this implies.
2. Latinos actively contribute to the economy of the countries
There is no place on the planet where you will not find a Spanish speaker, people with many skills, training and work experience. Some Latinos may work in construction, agriculture, the food industry, the service sector, caring for people, among other jobs. Others, with skills and experience in finance, technology, fashion, education, and science, may find employment in more specialized fields, which can be highly motivating and enriching for themselves and their families.
3. Emotions that Latinos give you with the Spanish language
No matter where you are, you will always find Spanish speakers, people you want to connect with, people whose language will make you fall in love with its melody, rhythm and the way of pronouncing each syllable in each word.
And yes, we do talk fast but when we do, a few sentences can sound like a pep talk that fills you with energy.
4. Opportunities to learn a new language like Spanish
Now, from a practical point of view, speaking Spanish will open up a spectrum of job, business, and cultural opportunities that will make you grow in multiple areas of personal development.
Now imagine yourself in three months after having made the decision to start learning Spanish today:
- Visualize yourself speaking fluently with a native of the Spanish language.
- Give yourself permission to take that trip to beautiful and historic Spain.
- Finally know the lost city of the Incas in Peru.
- Make that beautiful moment come true at the Resort in Puerto Vallarta in Mexico.
If you achieve this challenge, you will be able to connect with people in commercial stores, make new friends, establish contacts for the future, find new ventures to bring to your city and you will also be able to understand a culture that has many things that you did not know existed but are there waiting for you to be discovered.
So, think of all those people who will benefit because you made the decision today to learn a new language like Spanish, one of the most beautiful that exists.
Take action and start this new adventure, your future Self will thank you. Contact us.
- Complete Spanish Course with Spanish Mundo
- Policemen Learn Spanish – The New York Times (nytimes.com)
- Spanish culture and customs, quite a challenge for English speakers